Speirs Farm

Barbara Barlow, along with her husband Harold, created Speirs Farm in 1993. The Farm was dedicated in 1997 by Elder Loren C. Dunn of the Quorm of the Seventy. The five acre park contains a covered patio, a Chinese Garden, a Wild West corner, and a large open field in the middle.

100 years ago George and Janet Speirs traveled to Tooele County from Scotland. Speirs Farm used to be their homestead. The museum at Speirs Farm is the original home they built, one of the first in Tooele. Barbara is the Great Grand-Daughter of George and was born in the home.


Please call if you are interested in scheduling an event at Speirs Farm. 
We can't wait to hear from you! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy and proud of you Grandma!! Thanks Mariah and Luke for getting this great site up and running!!! Such a loving thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in having my wedding there - I was wondering what the prices were. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would love to give you any information you need to plan your big day at Speir's Park. Please call 435-882-8883 to get specifics on pricing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am interested in having my wedding at Speirs Farm on August 14th 2014, and I have called the 0006 number and only gotten answering machines. Is there another number I can call, the one you provided in 2010 perhaps? The 8883 number? There hasn't been any activity on this page in quite a while so I'm curious if Speirs Farm still lets people get married there? There isn't ever anyone there when I drive down there. I hope this will get me an answer from someone lol. Thanks in advance.

      Delete
  4. We love Spier Family Farm. Our family has attended several beautiful weddings here. As a business Smash Pics Photography has used this venue for photo shoots on various occasions and we have been pleased with the outcome and the upkeep of this beautiful large place. Thank you, it is so refreshing to have such a beautiful place available in Tooele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from a descendent of George Speirs from Tarbolton in Ayrshire, Scotland My name is Lorna Speirs and George Speirs was my great,great great uncle. My uncle Gordon Speirs who died in 2002 bore a very strong resemblance to George. I have started looking into my family tree and this branch of the Speirs family in Tooele is a new and fascinating discovery.
    Best wishes with your fantastic restoration and preservation of this inspirational piece of our history
    Lorna Speirs

    ReplyDelete